"As a local dealership, we are proud to offer energy-efficient and clean vehicles for our customers, because EVs are rapidly becoming the environmentally-conscious consumer's first choice. Now people visiting our dealership are able to charge their EVs with convenience." - Jeff Christoffel, President of Honda Pasadena
COMMERCIAL CHARGING STATION INCENTIVES
A $3,000 rebate for the installation of a smart Level 2 (240V) charging station for commercial, workplace, multi-unit dwelling (MUD), and fleet customers is available for a limited time.
The $3,000 rebate applies to each port of a multiple port charger, as long as each user is able to charge simultaneously at full capacity. If charging capacity is reduced when multiple ports are in use - the additional rebate does not apply per port.
Chargers must be installed on or after August 1, 2018 for the rebate to apply.
A double-incentive bonus (up to $6,000 per charger) is available for the following sites:
- Any DC Fast Charger equipped with SAE Combo (CCS), Tesla, or an equivalent that is approved by PWP;
- Charging stations accessible to students and patrons of schools recognized by the Los Angeles County Department of Education or the Western Association of Schools and Colleges;
- Charging stations installed at income-qualified housing structures serving 80% or more income-qualified customers as defined by the State of California Health and Safety Code Section 50105. This section defines “Very Low Income” households as persons and families at or below 50 percent of area (Los Angeles County) median income, adjusted for family size, and revised annually;
- Charging stations installed at disadvantaged community (DAC) areas as defined by the CalEnviroScreen (see map below).
A $1,500 rebate for the installation of non-network charging stations is available for commercial customers, for a maximum rebate amount of up to $15,000 per site/account/customer. A separate dedicated electrical service may be required.
How to Apply:
- Customer applies and reserves funds by submitting the Commercial Charging Station Application Form and a copy of the Building Permit for the installation to PWP.
- After completion of the project, customer or contractor submits the Commercial Charging Station Incentive Program Agreement and supporting documents listed below before the Reservation Expiration Date shown in the Commercial Charging Station Application Form.
- Completed and signed Commercial Charging Station Incentive Program Agreement
- Proof of EV charger purchase (Itemized Receipt or Sales Invoice)
- Copy of EV charger installation sign-off document. This document is provided by Building Inspector AFTER charging station(s) have been inspected. Please note the City of Pasadena’s Building Department requires an electrical permit for the installation of an EV charging stations or any electrical work
- Email documents to: email@example.com or mail documents to address below:
Pasadena Water and Power
Attn: Commercial Charging Station Incentive Program
150 S. Los Robles Ave. Suite 200
Pasadena, CA 91101
- Review the Commercial EV Charging Station Incentive Program terms and conditions listed below: