In order to further support customers who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, PWP will be participating in two federally-funded assistance programs, the California Arrearage Payment Program (CAPP) and the California Water and Wastewater Arrearage Payment Program (CWWAPP). Both programs are available to customers who have fallen into delinquent status on their utility bills from March 4, 2020 to June 15, 2021.
California Arrearage Payment Program
CAPP offers financial assistance to residential and commercial customers of electric and gas utility companies to reduce bill delinquencies accrued during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. CAPP only covers the electric portion of a customer's PWP utility bill. As part of the participation requirements, PWP will be providing information to the California Department of Community Services and Development about its residential and commercial customers who have become past due during the specified period (March 4, 2020 through June 15, 2021).
California Water and Wastewater Arrearage Payment Program
CWWAPP is a program that will utilize funds from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 to make direct payments to community water systems to cover customer arrearages, or past due bills, resulting during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. CWWAPP only covers the water portion of a customer's PWP utility bill. As part of the participation requirements, PWP will be providing information to the State Water Resources Board about its residential and commercial customers who have become past due during the specified period (March 4, 2020 through June 15, 2021).
Please take notice of these important points regarding the CAPP and CWWAPP.
- Both programs only cover the period of March 4, 2020 through June 15, 2021. Customers are encouraged to pay the current amount due on bills issued after that date.
- PWP will not impose late fees or penalties and will not be disconnecting service for past due accounts while the programs are being implemented.
- Customers do not need to apply for either CAPP or CWWAPP. The City is applying on behalf of all customers.
- There is no income qualification for either program.
- There is no guarantee that PWP will received enough federal funds to cover all customers' delinquent bills.
Additional resources for payment assistance.