Please note: As of January 1, 2023, the new Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio 2 (SEER 2) and Heating Seasonal Performance Factor 2 (HSPF 2) efficiency standards are now in effect.
To qualify for PWP’s Heat Pump Rebate, your installed unit must meet the following efficiency ratings, as indicated on the product’s Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) certificate:
- Split and Packaged System: 15.3 SEER 2 or higher and 7.8 HSPF 2 or higher
Receive a $170/ton rebate when you purchase and install a qualifying heat pump or mini-split heat pump in your home. Get an extra $20/ton back when you purchase in Pasadena.
How to Qualify
- The heat pump must have a 15.3 SEER 2 (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio 2) rating or higher, and a 7.8 HSPF 2 (Heat Seasonal Performance Factor 2) or higher
- Purchase your unit in Pasadena to receive an additional $20 per ton rebate
- Submit your online rebate application after installs are completed, along with a copy of your detailed receipt/invoice and the required supporting documents, within 180 days from date of purchase.
How to Apply
- Log in to your PWP account
- Select “Apply for Rebate”
- Please upload your complete sales receipt or paid invoice, including:
- Product and model number
- Date purchased and installed
- Proof of SEER and HSPF Ratings
- Proof of Tons installed
- Copy of AHRI Certificate
- Once approved, your rebate check will arrive in 6 to 8 weeks
- Only residential PWP electric customers are eligible.
- Limit to 1 unit every 10 years for ducted systems; limit 3 units every 10 years for ductless systems.
- Are you enrolled in PWP's income-qualified Bill Payment Assistance. program? If so, you will receive a $170 bonus per ton. Visit the Under One Roof Program webpage to learn more.
South Coast AQMD: Switching from a gas furnace to a heat pump for space heating? SCAQMD is offering up to $1,500 for customers making a fuel switch, and this can be combined with PWP's rebate. Please visit SCAQMD's website for additional details about their Clean Air Furnace Program.
Federal Tax Credit: Customers installing an Energy Star certified heat pump can receive up to $300 in a federal tax credit. Visit Energy Star's website to learn more.
This program is subject to verification of the purchase and installation of the product(s) before and/or after the rebate has been paid. Completed applications must be received within 180 days from the date of purchase to qualify. Installs must be completed before submitting your rebate application. PWP reserves the right to modify the terms of this program at any time. Rebate amounts will be calculated according to the program incentives at the date of application submission. Program funds are limited and available to eligible PWP customers. Rebates apply to new appliance and product purchases only (refurbished/reconditioned do not qualify). Customers must be enrolled in one of PWP's income-qualified bill payment assistance programs at the time of application submission in order to qualify for the bonus.