Pasadena Water and Power recently completed a new document for the benefit of power delivery planning. The Power Delivery Master Plan (PDMP) is a detailed strategic plan focused on addressing critical challenges, long-term strategies, and future guidance in order to maintain a safe, reliable and cost-effective power delivery system. The PDMP serves as general direction over a 20-year period, and will be redeveloped every five years to ensure renewed focus and analysis.
In addition to other important goals, the PDMP addresses:
- Future growth of Pasadena, and the infrastructure necessary to support it.
- New technology, such as Advanced Metering and Power System Automation.
- Enhancements to the utility in order to provide continued reliable and quality power delivery.
- Economic planning, ensuring PWP’s future is cost-effective and scalable.
- Repairs and modifications, both immediate and over a long-term period of time.
- Final Power Delivery Master Plan Document (PDF)
- Draft Power Delivery Master Plan Document (PDF)
- Municipal Services Committee Meeting 4.12.22 Presentation (PDF)
- Municipal Services Committee Meeting Memo (PDF)
Below are links to presentation slides from some of the meetings regarding the PDMP.
- Stakeholder Meeting #1 - November 2019
- Stakeholder Meeting #2 - March 2020
- Stakeholder Meeting #3 - September 2020
- Public Meeting - November 2019
- MSC Presentation - February 2020
- Public Meeting - March 2022
- Public Meeting - March 2022 - Video Recording