PWP Celebrates Public Power Week 2021
Every year, the first week of October is nationally recognized as Public Power Week. PWP, along with the American Public Power Association and other utilities in the U.S, celebrated Public Power Week this year October 3-9, 2021.
Public Power Week is a time for utilities and other organizations to share the importance of publicly-owned utility services and the way we serve our communities. As a not-for-profit public service, PWP operates for the benefit of Pasadena's residents, businesses and visitors. Our priorities are reliability, responsiveness to customers, reasonable rates and environmental stewardship. We measure our success not by profits but by how reliable and affordable our services are.
Here are some of the ways you can celebrate Public Power with us, any time of year!
- Watch a special Storytime reading of The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip, plus check out our other online educational resources here.
- Check out our most recent reports to learn about the hard work PWP is doing to provide reliable power and high quality water sustainably and effectively.
- Check out this video highlighting some of the public power advocates across the nation, and see if you can spot our very own Legislative Affairs Manager.
- Just For Kids: On October 7, PWP visited the Lamanda Park Library Branch for a special Preschool Storytime with a PWP Guest Reader. Check out our Twitter post for photos!
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter, and share what being a #CommunityPowered customer means to you!