Every year, the first week of October is nationally recognized as Public Power Week. PWP, along with the American Public Power Association and other utilities in the U.S, celebrate Public Power Week from October 1-7, 2023.
Public Power Week is a time for utilities and other organizations to share the importance of publicly-owned utility services and the way we serve our communities. As a not-for-profit public service, PWP operates for the benefit of Pasadena's residents, businesses and visitors. Our priorities are reliability, responsiveness to customers, reasonable rates and environmental stewardship. We measure our success not by profits, but rather by the reliability and affordability of our services.
Here are some of the ways you can celebrate Public Power with us!
Public Power Week Events
- Public Power Week Electric Circuit Activity
- Stay tuned to this page for event announcements, or visit Upcoming Events and Workshops for the latest news.
Learn More About Public Utilities
- Watch this public power week explainer video!
- Watch "A Day in the Life of Electric Services" on our PWP YouTube page!
- Check out our most recent reports to learn about the hard work PWP is doing to provide reliable power and high quality water sustainably and effectively.
For Kids and Families
- Watch a special cartoon featuring The Outtawatta Family, Uncle Ace Explores Pasadena's Power Resources, for a family-friendly way to learn about electricity, where power comes from, and tips for staying safe around electricity.
- Read Uncle Ace's Power Trip - Uncle Ace comes to town but has much to learn about energy efficiency, renewable vs. non renewable resources and electrical safety. Uncle Ace's Power Trip is available for reading online anytime!
- Monster Detective Collective Coloring Page - Enjoy this coloring page celebrating public power week.